Last Updated: 24 May 2018
- What are cookies?
We use the term “cookies” to refer to cookies and similar technologies through which information can be automatically collected.
A “Cookie Internet” (also known as “cookie browser” or “HTTP cookie” or “cookie”) is a small file of letters and numbers stored on the computer, mobile or other equipment of a user through which the Internet is accessed.
Cookies are installed by requesting a web server to a browser (eg Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome). Once installed, cookies have a fixed duration of existence, remaining “passive” in the sense that they do not contain software, viruses or spyware and will not access the information on the hard drive of the user whose device they have installed.
A cookie consists of two parts:
-the name of the cookie; and
-the content or the value of the cookie.
From a technical point of view, only the web server that sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the web page associated with that web server.
- For what purposes cookies are used through this website:
Cookies are used to provide users of this website with a better browsing experience and services tailored to the needs and interests of each individual user, namely:
- Improving the use of this website, including by identifying any errors that occur while it is being visited / used by users;
- the anticipation of potential goods that will be made available to users via this website in the future, depending on the services / products accessed.
Based on cookie feedback about how this website is used, firma srl can take steps to make this website more efficient and accessible to users. Thus, using cookies allows you to store certain settings / preferences set by users of this website, such as:
- What is the lifetime of cookies?
Cookie life may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. There are the following categories of cookies that determine their lifetime:
- Session Cookies ; – A “session cookie” is a cookie that is automatically deleted when the user closes his browser.
- Persistent or Fixed Cookies – A “persistent cookie” or “fixed” is a cookie that remains stored in the user’s terminal until it reaches a specific expiration date (which may be within minutes, days, or several years in future) or until the user has been cleared by the user at any time through browser settings.
- What are cookies placed by third parties?
Certain sections of content on the website may be provided through third parties, that is, not by dropslight.com, in which case these cookies are referred to as third party cookies.
- What cookies are used through this website:
By using / visiting the website the following cookies may be placed:
- Advertiser Cookies
- Performance cookies
This type of cookies preserves the preferences of the user of this website, so re-setting preferences for later website visits is no longer required.
- Cookies for advertising
These cookies allow a user to view an online ad, its type, and the time elapsed since the message was viewed. As such, such cookies are used to target online advertising. These cookies are anonymous, storing information about the viewed content, not about users.Session cookies – these are in temporary memory until the internet browser is closed.
- Persistent cookies (also called tracking cookies) – they stay on your device until you delete or expire.
- Safe cookies – these are encrypted cookies that only work with an HTTPS secure connection. These cookies are used to secure the information they contain and not be intercepted by potential hackers connected to the same network as the user.
- Http Only cookies – they can not be used by another protocol except HTTP and only the website that generated them can use them.
- Third-party cookies – These cookies belong to another web site, different from the one you sent them. They are usually sent through online advertising and can store a user’s browsing history on all sites using the same advertising network.
- Zombie cookies – these cookies resume after they have been deleted. They are generally used by Internet traffic analysis services and are stored outside of the internet browser.
- What type of information is stored and accessed via cookies?
Cookies store information in a small text file that allows for browser recognition. This website recognizes your browser until cookies expire or are deleted.
- Customize browser settings for cookies
If more than one person uses the computer or technical equipment used to browse this web page, the setting for deleting individual browsing data can be considered whenever the browser is closed.
- How can cookies be stopped?
Disabling and refusing to receive cookies can make this website difficult to visit, with the limitations of its use.
Users can set their browser to reject cookies or to accept cookies from a particular web page.
All modern browsers offer the ability to change cookie settings. These settings can be accessed, as a rule, in the “options” or “preferences” menu of your browser.
However, denying or disabling cookies does not mean you will not receive online advertising – but it will not be adapted to your preferences and interests highlighted by your browsing behavior.
To understand these settings, the following links may be useful:
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
- To prevent Google Analytics cookies from being transmitted and stored on your device, you can install Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
- For general cookie information and how to disable cookies, please visit All About Cookies.org
For any additional questions , please contact the contact page .
Cookie declaration last updated on 23/01/2019 by Cookiebot:
Necessary cookies help make a website usable by enabling basic functions like page navigation and access to secure areas of the website. The website cannot function properly without these cookies.
|AWSALB||mcafeesecure.com||Registers which server-cluster is serving the visitor. This is used in context with load balancing, in order to optimize user experience.||6 days||HTTP Cookie|
|CookieConsent||dropslight.com||Stores the user’s cookie consent state for the current domain||1 year||HTTP Cookie|
|wordpress_test_cookie||dropslight.com||Used to check if the user’s browser supports cookies.||Session||HTTP Cookie|
Marketing cookies are used to track visitors across websites. The intention is to display ads that are relevant and engaging for the individual user and thereby more valuable for publishers and third party advertisers.
|NID||google.com||Registers a unique ID that identifies a returning user’s device. The ID is used for targeted ads.||6 months||HTTP Cookie|
|rc::a||google.com||Used in context with video-advertisement. The cookie limits the number of times a visitor is shown the same advertisement-content. The cookie is also used to ensure relevance of the video-advertisement to the specific visitor.||Persistent||HTML Local Storage|
|rc::b||google.com||Used in context with video-advertisement. The cookie limits the number of times a visitor is shown the same advertisement-content. The cookie is also used to ensure relevance of the video-advertisement to the specific visitor.||Session||HTML Local Storage|
|rc::c||google.com||Pending||Session||HTML Local Storage|
Unclassified cookies are cookies that we are in the process of classifying, together with the providers of individual cookies.
|__cf_bm||cloudflare.com||Pending||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|mfesecure_visit||dropslight.com||Pending||1 day||HTTP Cookie|
|wordpress_gdpr_allowed_services||dropslight.com||Pending||179 days||HTTP Cookie|
|wordpress_gdpr_cookies_declined||dropslight.com||Pending||179 days||HTTP Cookie|